11 Νοεμβρίου 2014

Gate to heaven

Good morning everyone!

Here I am today to share a page I created for fun... long have I wanted to make something that will not be a DT project.  And yesterday I realized that I haven't joined in a challenge as a participant for many months, so it wouldn't hurt if I stretched my legs a bit.

Anyway, what I did was to pick a Pinterest photo that caught my eye/inspired/impressed me, choose my favourite colours and play!

The Words&Paintery challenge blog is a new kid on the block (it's great to have new and fresh ideas for inspiration), it happened to have my all-time favourite colour combo up for playing, so I just couldn't resist!






Plus Tusia, a wonderful scrap-friend of mine, hosts a challenge at the Mixed Media Place blog. It is called Exercise #1 of the Creative Gym (just when I was thinking that I have to stretch my scrap-legs!!)






1. Use black
2. Use white
3. Use grey
4. And - add one more color of your choice.


So after combining the two challenges, what came out is this






Stamps in grey & black (I wonder why I had ruled stamps out of my creations lately), washi tape, inks, gesso, masks... as you see the cardstock is the only paper I used (I just ADORE mixed media techniques, they can substitute the paper so easily and successfully)!

Ι don't like the way Blogger uploaded the page, the colours seem a bit dull, but c'est la vie!
Anyway, I had fun playing the challenges and I hope you like my take on them!

Have a great day!

14 σχόλια:

  1. Άφωνη για μια ακόμη φορά!!!Τι να πω!!!Αριστούργημα!!!!Καλή επιτυχία να πω???Είναι σίγουρη!!!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. και εγω άφωνη για μια ακόμη φορά!...και η επιτυχία σίγουρη! φιλιά!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Love your layout.Amazing.Thanks for playing with us at Words&Paintery

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. what a stunning page Melenia!! You're just so incredibly talented my girl... all that textures and colors that you've used brought out the serene mood of your photo so perfectly. I feel like I'm on vacation just looking at your work.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. εχω κατσει και το χαζευω σαν χαζη.........
    .........ειναι τελειο!!!!!!!!!!
    Καλη επιτυχια!!!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. OH amazing - I feel the same way about stamps - they give so much depth to a layout - adore your take on our challenge
    Thanks for playing with us at Words & Paintery

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. Absolutely stunning! Thank you so much for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  8. Fabulous page !! Your background is brilliant. So perfectly put together. Thank you for joining our challenge at Mixed Media Place.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  9. Melenia, Your project is a beautiful piece of ART <3

    Thank You for playing with us at Words & Paintery!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  10. Beautiful. Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Thanks for taking the time to leave a warm comment here!